Maple Chicken Sauté
• 1 package (about 1 1/4 pounds) Perdue ® Fit ‘N Easy ® Fresh Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breasts
• Salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
• 1 red apple (Jonathan, Cortland or Gala) unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
• 1/4 teaspoons minced fresh sage (or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage) plus whole fresh sage leaves for garnish
Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick or well seasoned skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. When foam begins to subside and butter turns clear, add chicken. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
Add vinegar and 1/2 cup water to pan and stir to incorporate pan juices. Stir in maple syrup and cook, for about 2 minutes. Add sage and apple slices and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes until sauce is reduced to a syrupy consistency and apples are tender but still firm. Return chicken and any juices to skillet. Serve with steamed brussel sprouts and hot biscuits or cornbread.
Ready In: 20 minutes